The Shmuel Bass Torah Academy is accredited through AdvancED, the largest accrediting agency in the country.
What is the IEQ™? The Index of Education Quality™ (IEQ™) provides a holistic measure of overall performance based on a comprehensive set of indicators and evaluative criteria. A formative tool for improvement, it graphically pinpoints areas of success as well as areas in need of focus.
What are IEQ™ Domains? The IEQ™ comprises three domains: 1) the impact of teaching and learning on student performance; 2) the leadership capacity to govern; and 3) the use of resources and data to support and optimize learning.
How is the IEQ™ Scored? The overall and domain scores can range from 100-400. The domain scores are derived from: the AdvancED Standards and Indicators ratings; results of the Analysis of Student Performance; and data from Stakeholder Feedback Surveys (students, parents, and staff).
Interested in More IEQ™ Details? More IEQ™ resources may be found here.
Effective Learning Environments Observation Tool (eleot™)
Every learner should have access to an effective learning environment in which she/he has multiple opportunities to be successful. The Effective Learning Environments Observation Tool (eleot™) measures the extent to which learners are in an environment that is equitable, supportive, and well-managed. An environment where high expectations are the norm and active learning takes place. It measures whether learners’ progress is monitored and feedback is provided and the extent to which technology is leveraged for learning.
Observations of classrooms or other learning venues are conducted for a minimum of 20 minutes per observation. Every member of the External Review Team is required to be trained and pass a certification exam that establishes inter-rater reliability. Team members conduct multiple observations during the review process and provide ratings on 30 items based on a four-point scale (4=very evident; 3=evident; 2=somewhat evident; and 1=not observed). The following provides the aggregate average score across multiple observations for each of the seven learning environments included in eleot™ as well as benchmark results across the AdvancED Network.
AdvancED has found that TASA complies with and excels in the AdvancED standards, which can be found in-depth by clicking here. Those standards fall into the following categories:
- Standard 1: Purpose and Direction
- Standard 2: Governance and Leadership
- Standard 3: Teaching and Assessing for Learning
- Standard 4: Resources and Support Systems
- Standard 5: Using Results for Continuous Improvement
View the full TASA AdvancED External Review Report.
WHY DOES ACCREDITATION MATTER*?
Accreditation is designed to help educational institutions boost their ongoing performance efforts for the benefit of their students. AdvancED insists on a relentless pursuit of excellence – for itself and for the institutions it accredits. This ethic of excellence ensures that institutions will find rich benefits from accreditation and that parents can confidently make informed decisions about their children’s education, knowing their child’s school is accredited. Accreditation matters because our students deserve the highest level of educational excellence possible.
Educational institutions that engage in AdvancED Accreditation will:
- Unite with a global network committed to standards of educational excellence.
- Earn the distinction of quality through the recognized seal of AdvancED accreditation.
- Experience a unified, clear, and powerful accreditation process with a scalable and sustainable evaluation of education quality.
- Receive external and objective validation of the areas in which they’re doing well, and the areas for continuous improvement.
- Benefit from AdvancED research that shapes educational policy and improves learning practices.
- Experience a state-of-the-art web-based accreditation system that is continuously being upgraded and improved.
- Hear the best available ideas and thinking on education practices and trends through innovative products, educational technologies, and the collective knowledge of peers.
- Benefit from shared expertise and powerful professional learning through local and global workshops, training, conferences, and personalized service.
Students and their parents will:
- Experience ease in transferring credits from one school to another.
- Gain greater access to federal loans, scholarships, postsecondary education and military programs that require students attend an accredited institution.
- Benefit from their institution or educational system’s commitment to raising student performance and accountability.
*Section adapted from AdvancED’s website
The following Texas Jewish Private schools are accredited by AdvancED:
- Akiba Academy of Dallas
- Ann and Nate Levine Academy of Dallas
- Austin Jewish Academy
- El Paso Jewish Academy
- Torah Day School of Dallas
- Texas Torah Institute