It’s been almost a month since our last update and a lot of positive things have happened to TASA since then that we’d like to share with you.
- Our Purim Cards were a great success. We distributed nearly 500 cards across San Antonio (and Dallas and even outside of Texas) and exceeded our fundraising goals.
- Our parlor meetings were well attended and Dr. Rothrock and Rabbi Marrus were able to both address questions/concerns and take valuable input from the attendees.
- The school calendar has been posted online (click here). School starts August 19, 2013!
- The regular school day has been set. School will begin each morning at 8:00 AM with tefillah (prayers) and will end at 3:30 PM for all grades. More detailed class schedules will be provided in the coming weeks.
- Applications are still being accepted and we encourage anyone interested in attending TASA to submit an application. The Board will be voting soon to decide which grades will open, so it is important we receive applications prior to the March 15, 2013 deadline (next week). The breakdown of applications received to date is as follows:
- Kinder – 4 Applications
- First – 3 Applications
- Second – 3 Applications
- Third – 4 Applications
- Fourth – 2 Applications
- Fifth – 4 Applications
- Total: 20 Applications
The board is excited about the number of applications received so far and the enthusiasm indicated on the applications.
Dr. Rothrock and Rabbi Marrus are continuing to fine-tune and improve the curriculum to ensure our students are provided with a high quality education from both the Secular and Judaic perspective. As changes and updates are made to the curriculum, they will be posted on our curriculum page. Note that the supplemental information for Math and English has been posted. However, our administration is still evaluating other established curriculum programs and should those programs pass our administration’s vetting procedures, our site will be updated to reflect those changes.
Dr. Rothrock and Rabbi Marrus are also actively seeking and interviewing candidates for our teaching positions. We would like to announce our teaching staff as soon as possible, though in the interest of finding the very best teachers available, our administration is exercising due diligence in this process. We do hope to announce our first hires soon and when we do, we will send out another email update. If you know of any qualified teachers who may be interested in joining TASA, please send an email to email@example.com with their information.
We are excited about the continued progress of Torah Academy and we look forward to seeing our first students walk into our classrooms I”YH on August 19, 2013.
We would like to wish everyone a Chag Kasher v’Sameach.
TASA Board of Directors